a blog to share my word-whispers and nearly seventy years of poetry

Wednesday, 30 January 2013

Keeping a promise

I promised to write a 'thank you' poem-whisper for my first follower - and almost immediately I had two, so hello to Shena Meadowcroft and Susan Ernst and indeed all those who are brave enough to read the work of a word-spilling old woman. I kept my promise and wrote this as soon as I awoke this morning, though there was an interruption to the flow of words, as you will see.

Please click on the image to read it at a larger size.

My posts will continue, probably grouped by topic and time of year. Some will have images if I wrote to accompany pictures taken for a project; others will tell you why they were written, or where, or what we were doing. Some you may have seen in my other blogs, but I personally think it will be good to bring them all together (I warn you there are thousands!) - and if you are reading this blog for the first time, please scroll back to the first post, written yesterday, as that explains why I have created this.

2 comments:

  1. beautiful poem. I connect with it. I have always loved books. Question: what are word-whispers?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you like it. The term word-whispers is my invention, a bit like poem-spills - I have always been embarrassed to say I write 'poetry' and so in my posts on various other blogs, and in my diaries and journals, I refer to them in that way when I mention that I have been writing on our travels for instance, or in the garden. xx

      Delete