a blog to share my word-whispers and nearly seventy years of poetry

Tuesday, 5 February 2013

The days move on

This is how I 'compose', most of the time, straight onto the page
with a note as well re what I will do with what I wrote

Almost all of the things I am doing at the moment stimulate creative thoughts. Poem-spills continually slide into my mind and onto the paper page. But this one needs no tweak or typing before appearing, so it is here, 'as is'. Yet it is significant in more ways than one; so please watch this space.

And for those who can't wait, it was triggered by a piece of work in the latest issue of 'Quilting Arts' magazine, not an article, but an image .... and that set me thinking in more than one direction.

4 comments:

  1. I LOVE this!!! I could see it as an illustrated as I read it line by line.... it would make a wonderful little book! When I was in a second hand store today I found a wonderful small photo album with thick black paper and sudden thought: I have to buy books like these and make them into one-of-a-kind illustrated story books.... and here you are planning this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Shena, thankyou; kinds words like yours truly brighten my day. As for collecting little books (after at Charity Shops), our house groans under their weight. And I also collect little quirky picture frames, always intending to 'make' something to fit into them. Yesterday, I actually resisted going into one of my favourite stores in case I was tempted, though in truth I was short of time. They had a sale on, too!

      Delete
  2. Lovely words and thoughts Ann - and the zig zag book will be perfect for these created creatures .. look forward to seeing it develop. I loved my paper dolls as a child ... the only types of dolls I was interested in, all else was animals. I always made up stories around the dolls as I dressed them. I love your handwriting too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hilary, thankyou for commenting. Yesterday I bought the basic 'ingredients' to make the zig-zag; details to follow of what and how, in other words, progress.

      Delete